Sunday, December 3, 2006

So what's this trip all about?

On December 7th I will fly from Portland Oregon to Sydney in New South Wales, Australia via Honolulu, Hawaii. I plan to spend 12 weeks in Australia flying my hang glider as much as possible. I will be competing in three competitions; the Forbes Flatlands, the Bogong Cup, and the New South Wales State Titles.

It’s not just about competition though. It’s about following hang gliding - flying in its purest form - wherever it takes me. In the process I am sure I will meet some wonderful people, have some memorable experiences, and see some incredible scenery.

3 comments:

Peter K said...

Well now, that's what i'm talkin' 'bout! Have a blast and we'll be following along. HOw pathetic! But , hey it beats looking out the window at SNOW!
PK

Tom Lanning said...

Your demanding public wants lots of stories with pictures!

Rob the non-flying flyerr said...

Dear Mr. SPoiled flying man....

I"m just so damn proud....

Just think, 12 weeks in OZ..you could....

Win all 3 comps...
Drink exotic cocktails..
Learn how to land...(or not)
Grow hair !
Drink more exotic cocktails...
Lose yourself among the natives...
Become the natives dinner...
learn to run fast...
Change your name to "bloke" or "mate".

I'm sure you'll have a great time Dave...Make us proud ! (or we'll simply deny that we know you !) OH - where should I send your VHGA RENEWAL form ? HAHAHAHA...R