Saturday, December 30, 2006

Manilla to Forbes

Today I moved from Manilla to Forbes. It’s a little early, since it’s only Saturday and the first official practice day isn’t until Tuesday. Still I would like to get settled in early and maybe sneak in some flying. The word on the street from those who have been tracking the mysterious movements of Bill Moyes (Moyes Delta Gliders founder, patriarch, and living legend) believe he will be here doing some towing in the next day or two. The last we heard he was in Rylstone teaching some Japanese pilots to tow. That probably would have been great fun as a spectator sport since Bill’s “teaching” methods are legendary, and the enthusiasm of the Japanese pilots almost always far exceeds their skill. I’ve already been to the airport here to check things out, and the word there is that there are already three tugs in the hanger and they are expecting Bill tomorrow.

Blaineo (John Blaine) just showed up here at the caravan park. That’s a good sign on two counts. First, he’s one of the tug pilots; and second, it means I chose the right caravan park, so I won’t have to move tomorrow. Anyhow, I should have a couple days to get organized, find my retrieve teammates, figure out if we have a driver, and generally get settled in. If you are reading this it means I have found a way to get on the internet, which will be one of the priority tasks for tomorrow.

No comments: