Sunday, December 3, 2006

Entering the blogisphere.....

......with some trepidation.

Today I started to generate the distribution list for e-mail updates about my trip. Many of my friends and flying compatriots had asked to be "kept up to date". As I went through my address book, it occurred to me that I should probably include my family as well. Then there were the friends that I hadn't spoken to in a while who would surely want to know what I was up to. Hmmm, what's the etiquette for blindsiding them with the mass mailed story of my life?

Maybe it's time to try this new, sleeker but decidedly more exhibitionistic communication tool.

Here it is. My blog. I can't say that I'm excited about it. I wish I could promise regular updates, gripping narrative and stunning photos. I do promise to update it at least every...... now and then. I will try not to write griping narrative. And I will make an effort to include photos.

This is a blog of my trip. I hope you enjoy it. Don't get too attached to it though, because after the trip is over it will be gracelessly euthanized lest it suffer the worse fate of languishing in neglect, or worse yet - recording the drone of a mundane life.

No comments: